Saturday, January 13, 2007

MADE FOR SITTING

I try to tell Davey that this bench is made for sitting. [you know, a take on "these boots were made for walking"] but he insists it is for standing.

He is very sweet, but he is making a mess of my front porch right now. He cannot graze as usual with all this snow.

As you know, he easily jumps the 4 foot fence of his pen. He looks kind of like the cow jumping over the moon pictures you saw when you were a child.

I spent $500 to have the 4 foot fence made into a 6 foot fence and guess what! You got it..........he gets over the fence. It is not quite a pretty, but he still can get out in about 30 seconds. He jumps up, catches his front feet in the fencing then uses his back feet to climb over. As you might imagine, the fence is a little worse for the wear.

Right now I am waiting on another estimate for another modification to try to keep him in there. He was a free goat. Ha!

That is like my free horse that eats more than 2 teenagers, and like my free dog who is diabetic and blind and costs me money for insulin daily.

I think I have invented a new definition for free. You probably realize that all this money spent is just fine for me. However, Harold has other opinions (notice I did not say another opinion). He is really very tolerant most of the time. The goat tries his patience the most.

Harold drove his pickup to the airport this past week because of the snow. So his "good" car was in the garage. Therefore, I had to be sure the goat did not get in the garage. I just left the garage door closed to make it easier. That meant my 4-runner got left outside all night. Davey decided that the roof of my 4-runner was the perfect bed. Quite a site!

We got a letter from Daniel Heckman (Dan's son) about his mission trip last summer. Harold was reading the part about --- he even had a goat walking through the house at 2AM. Harold stopped and said, "what's so unusual about that"? Actually, Davey has accidentally gotten in the house a few times, but not recently and never at 2AM. It is always a panic to get him out quickly so he does not fertilize our wood floors.

I like him. I still sing to him....."Davey, Davey, tell me your answer do; I'm half crazy all for the love of you, etc" He is the only one who can put up with my off key singing. Posted by Picasa

No comments: