Saturday, November 25, 2006

Chapter 2; 11/25/06

Today was beautiful. After I spent time on the phone with a patient whose husband is dying, then another 25 minutes with my neighbor who is concerned about the patient whose husband is dying, we went to Luci's horse riding lesson.

I went to Rebekah's and picked up Rebekah, Luci, and Nate and off we went. Nate played with the teacher's son, Caden, while Luci went on a trail ride with her teacher. Rebekah and I took the opportunity to run back into Elizabeth to pick up a couple Christmas presents.

Then Nate said, "Grandma, do you know what I need? I need Starbucks." 'So we made a quick stop at Starbucks, then home to meet Laurel for trying out saddles and riding our horses.

The kids are with us tonight while Tedd and Rebekah check out new SUV's. The old 4-runner has 210,000 miles on it and I guess they think it might die at any moment. It is still putting along. That is how you feel when you drive it. A riding lawn mower might be more reassuring transportation! Luci is upset about the "new car" purchase. She does not like things to change. It is the white car and the green car (both trucks, really) and she wants it to stay that way.

I miss the New Jersey people! I am glad for you blog and your phone calls. I will be so happy to see you at Christmas. That will be the best present.

Tedd wants to post on this blog. Originally it was names Colorado Compound which is more appropriate. However, as you know, I messed that up. You will be seeing messages and pictures from him soon.

No comments: