Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ode to Mom

Posted by Picasa
Whenever I think about Mom in the retrospective, Mother's Day sort of way, I always remember this picture from my 16th birthday. It reminds me of the special relationship that I had with Mom as a teenager, wherein I would often share with her the trials of my growing up. Certainly, we weren't always on the same side of an issue, and did butt heads from time to time, but through the filter of adulthood I see those conflicts for what they were: an independent, head-strong teen trying to prove himself and have his way against a mother who was both armed with the wisdom of her years and coping with her oldest son growing up. As an adult, I have a great appreciation for her and what I put her through. I'm very blessed to have my Mom, and at the risk of sounding biased, she's about the best Mom I know.

Thanks to both of my Moms for all that they have been and done for me.

No comments: