Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Whoa, Mexico...

What we have to look at out our villa...



The view from our palapa...
















My lovely....



I know, you all probably think me weird to be spending time on the internet while being in such a beautiful place, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share. Unfortunately, the free wireless doesn't quite reach us in our room on the ninth floor, so you have to go sit in the lobby or take your laptop to one of the restaurants (which many guests do). It's good to know that I could run my vast empire from the far reaches of the Mexican Riviera (now if I can only find said empire, and the means to reside in Cancun...) We're having a great time, lying on the beach and occasionally venturing into the Americanized parts of town. For the most part, the Hotel Zone could be any beach city in America, which I'm sure provides a certain level of comfort to outsiders, but doesn't give you much of a taste for the local flavor. They say there's 900k Mexicans in the area, but I'm wondering where...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Luci says "SWEET" can we go there? She was very excited that the pool was so huge and that you could swim up and order a Smoothie! I told her that she swam under that brige when we were there and she said "are you sure?" I assured her I was.

Unknown said...

I forgot to mention that she said "That's my dads feet" and "That's my mom" I understand her recognizing her mom but her dad's feet? I asked her if they looked like hers and she said "I don't know" She always has us laughing, we are enjoying her so much. Grammie