Monday, February 25, 2008

coming back?

Well, much has happened since the last post. Mostly, I do this blog to keep in touch with Nathan and his family. I know, however, that there are a few others who read it.

My second surgery was 2/19/08. According to Harold, it was easier than the first because "they just had to remove the manhole covers" instead of drilling more holes in my head. I actually did better with the second surgery and seem to be recovering a little bit more rapidly.

Yesterday [Sunday] I was up for about 4 hours during which I showered and dressed, got Luci showered and dressed, baked a cake, started dinner. Then, it seemed my legs would collapse under me. Rebekah, Tedd, and Harold helped get dinner on the table. I had to get up as soon as I finished eating and go to bed. I felt really weak, tired, and nauseated. Harold was great with helping me think it all through.

Today, I decided to pace myself a little better. I had planned to go to the nursing home where I have one patient who is in hospice. I thought that would be easy enough.

I slept for about 10 hours last night [rather, this AM]. I ate breakfast, showered, got dressed. Then I had to lie down for an hour before I had enough energy to go to the nursing home! Harold drove so that was helpful.

I was actually at the nursing home for 2 hours. I was tired, but did OK. This is a vast improvement and very encouraging to me. I feel like I could still do some computer work, but have decided to stop so I don't end up like I was yesterday.

Tomorrow I see the Neurosurgeon and I am going to talk him into taking the staples out of my head. They are very itchy and very tight. It reeeeaaallly hurts when I catch them with my brush or comb. I have managed to devise a reasonable "comb-over" so It does not look too bad.

I am excited to get back to seeing a few patients. Things are much better now.

Amilda

No comments: