
The newest member to our family. Her name was already Mya. That was one of the names considered for Sadie. I am glad she is Sadie because I do not think it would be easy to change a dog's name. She is 19 months old now. I have had her about a month. She was a rescue dog [of sorts]. Her owners kept her in an 8x8 cage and put an electric no-bark thing on her neck and never paid attention to her--per the rescuer. She is small for a German Shepherd, but we have her papers and she is definitely registered. She has a few things to learn. So far, she just runs and plays and has a grand 'ole time being out of the cage. She tries to eat our goat. I think she was looking to have rump of goat as Davey had the wounds. However, her presence has made Davey stay in the pen with the horses.

The newest horse addition. A patient of mine had this Paint brood mare who was retired. They are down-sizing their ranch and needed a home for Cameo. They asked me to take her. She is good with children. She is fun to ride. We like her.

I built Davey a tower of straw. He likes to be high. However, he was on a chain at that time because he was still getting out of the pen. The chain got caught in the straw and eventually knocked the tower down. It was a good idea, but did not work so well. He is no longer on the chain because 1. he destroyed the hook on the chain, 2. he is staying in the fence to avoid becoming rump of roast for Mya.
The dog is Dusty, as you know. Dusty goes where he wants because of his jumping skills. He likes the goat and the goat seems to like him, so no problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment