wonder if he really be the athlete that he seems
destined to be and how long will it be before he can reach the rim (which I am sure will be faster than any of us care to acknowledge.) Most of all, I wonder just how closely he'll resemble who I've pictured him becoming. I'd imagine that most parents formulate similar pictures of their own children, and I'm just as sure that often times the children end up being different from that vision. There are certainly examples where there is parity between the vision and the end result, however that is often the unfortunate result of parents raising automatons rather than self-actualized individuals. Often, but not always. As someone who has seen the effectiveness of strict, regimented instruction in the developing of young men, it can be difficult for me to remember that I have to let him find his own way in who he wants to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment