Today is wonderful. I cannot possibly go anywhere. I am snowed in! It is 11am and still snowing. Colorado is closed! It is really quite amazing that the roads to the southern, eastern, and northern borders of the states are all closed from Denver to the borders. The state is truly closed.
Of course, a sane person would not even consider going west today. Closed!
As it continues to snow, I sit with a cat on my lap, writing this note. It is warm and snuggly in this house. I am trying to organize my day because there are so many things to be done I do not know where to start. This storm is very bad for the "bottom line" at Elizabeth Family Health, but it is very good for my morale. I was getting really stressed out with so much to do and no time to do it. Mostly, I had work on the computer for patients. I worked on that for 9 hours straight. My laptop just stopped and I cannot get it started again. Fortunately, I have this other computer. I hope I did not burn up the laptop. I know I type fast, but really!
I am looking forward to a wonderful Christmas. Rebekah's family here on Christmas eve and Nathan's family in NJ on Christmas morning. I spent 15 minutes on the phone with Sadie this morning. She was telling me everything Emma does wrong. It is "very frustrating" to Sadie. If she only knew what she did when she was "one and a half"!!
Christmas is getting the kids very excited. I have to admit that this is the first year that I have really not been in the Christmas spirit. I am sure the children will help me with that. The blizzard is helping too. The losses have gotten me down: Judy, 4 patients and 2 dogs in the last 4 months. Sad.
On the flip side, I am extremely thankful and grateful for a wonderful family, for children who love me, for son-in-law and daughter-in-law who love me and love my children, and for grandchildren who come running to me with open arms, shouting, "Grandma, Grandma"! Nothing makes me feel quite so important as that sound.
I'll be back
Amilda/ Mama/ Grandma!
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment