Again, I am perplexed by the blog. I managed to not get a note by the cat picture. I just would have said the obvious- that is not my best photo angle. Orville actually never does that. He must have thought I needed consoling that Saturday morning. Harold brought be a cup of coffee in bed -- that was so nice. Then the cat curled up by me. 'coffee in bed and at cat at my head' -- how great it is!!
I got the horse pen cleaned this weekend. The snow made a really big mess and the manure got frozen on top of the snow. Some is still frozen to the ground. However, it looks a lot better. The wheelbarrow is really heavy with wet manure. It is perfect weight bearing exercise. I even had to push the wheelbarrow through the snow to dump it. I might be getting muscles. Pretty soon I'll be as strong as Nate!!
Dixie is doing well on phenobarbital. No more seizures [except when I asked Harold to give her her medicine while I went to work.] I came home to "she wouldn't take her medicine." That night she had a seizure again. I neglected to tell him how important it was that she take the medicine. I have increased her morning dose now just to be sure. The vet said I could do that, by the way. I am not practicing veterinary medicine without a license. However, when she was having a seizure every hour or two he wanted to send the medicine home with me to "euthanize" her. I did not think I could do that.
She is 12 years old, we figured out today. She is really quite chipper these days. She has lost weight. She meets me at the gate when I come home. Her only problem is that she is almost deaf. She does respond to body language and I am thinking of teaching her signing.
She is a vegetarian so I supplement her [very expensive] white fish and sweet potatoe dog food with bananas, carrots, and apples. The phenobarbital gets pushed into banana slices and she pretends she does not know the difference.
I have taken the weekend off and have not done any doctor work. I will pay the price tomorrow, but it felt good over the weekend. I was on call, but only a couple calls. 'A real rest for a change.
When we were at Luci's horse lesson, the teacher's 3y/o son came up to me and said, "are you Luci's Mom?" I said yes. Rebekah looked at me and said, "you are not!!" Why did I say that???
Rebekah thinks she has four children: Nate, Luci, Tedd and me!!! She really doesn't have to take care of me, she just does. [probably a good thing that she does]
'No news is good news.
I'll be back.
Amilda/ Mama/ Grandma
Sunday, November 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment